Join Our Team
REGIONAL MANAGER, NORTHEAST REGION
Interesting career role for Hospital EMS Coordinators/Liaison, ED Director/Manager or ED Hospital team members who may be looking for a new opportunity or direction.
About you: You’re passionate about good clinical outcomes and understand hospital and/or EMS from the inside. You want to earn what you’re worth and do as much good from the vendor side as you did while working inside healthcare. You are technically proficient and able to learn new skills, applications and systems.
About us: GD is a Healthtech company specializing in communication solutions that help EMS and hospitals deliver simply seamless patient care. Powered by responsive innovation, GD’s user-friendly solutions facilitate rapid, secure, voice, telehealth and data sharing communications across care teams to help save time, money and lives. Backed by a 40+ year history and thousands of implementations, GD is an experienced industry leader. Visit https://general-devices.com/ to learn more.
What you will do in this role: Be our primary Subject Matter Expert in a large geographic territory (Northeast: New England, NY, PA, VT, NJ, RI, MD, ME, DC, MA, CT). Conduct needs investigations and presentations & product demos to interested key hospital and EMS Services personnel. Heavy phone, email, social media, video conferencing (Meet, Zoom) with anywhere from 25-35% overnight travel expected. You will track all communications in our CRM system and attend conferences, trade shows and networking events as our representative.
Our ideal candidate will have (required):
- 3+ year’s experience in an EMS Coordinator, ED/ER role or related hospital healthcare role.
- A strong belief in the benefits of telemedicine, telehealth, and technology as a healthcare tool.
- Proficiency with technology, mobile devices and applications. You’re just as comfortable with a tablet or PC as you are with pen/paper.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written). You can develop a rapport with front-line clinical staff OR upper management.
- Ability to travel up to 35% of the time including client meetings, conferences and trade shows.
- The discipline and technical proficiency to maintain a consistent schedule and document all activities in CRM system.
- Integrity, transparency and a willingness to grow.
- A demonstrated work ethic and attention to detail.
- A Positive attitude, even in the face of rejection.
This is a full time, W2 employee position offering a competitive starting salary + quarterly bonuses, 401k, profit sharing program, medical benefits and paid time off. Preference given to candidates based within 1 hour drive of a major airport hub.