5 ways Telehealth Solutions can help during the COVID-19 pandemic
In hospitals across the world, physicians and healthcare teams are facing a host of challenges due to the COVID-19 pandemic. They are navigating through how to provide patient care without exposing themselves and their patients to the virus. They are working on alternative ways treat patients who are not comfortable entering the hospital. They are deciding who needs PPE (personal protective equipment) when providing care to certain patients.
How have healthcare providers mitigated some of these challenges so that they can continue to maintain an optimal—and safe—standard of care for their parents? Hospitals are relying on telehealth solutions. In mid-May, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services gave $15 million to 159 healthcare organizations just so that they could expand their use of telehealth solutions during the COVID-19 pandemic.
General Devices (GD) has pioneered a system that allows healthcare teams and patients to securely communicate, and to record and store communication and documentation in one secure application—with easy local and regional reporting, benchmarking, Q/A, training and more.
Here are five ways that GD telehealth solutions have been supporting healthcare teams during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Physicians are able to reduce exposure for themselves and their patients by conducting consults and follow-ups through apps like GD e-Bridge Visit
- Healthcare providers can preserve their PPE for patients who are in need of care through contact by using telehealth to consult with all other patients
- Medical teams can aid in decisions support for EMS non-transport and DNR decisions
- EMS teams can consult with hospital teams to mitigate and document high-risk patients who refuse transport to the hospital
- Healthcare teams and providers can document and store all telemedicine information in one location for later review and reporting through GD D-Scribe X
“We are pleased to do whatever we can to support those that are on the front line for combating this deadly virus. GD’s core purpose is ‘To improve the health and wellbeing of the public at large by providing Responsive Innovation that connects first responders and healthcare providers’, so naturally our team got behind this effort quickly.” said Curt Bashford, General Devices’ CEO
After the COVID-19 pandemic ends, physicians and healthcare teams will still rely on these telehealth solutions for…
- Secure notifications and alerts
- Patient case management and documentation for consistent review and improvements
- Easier reporting based on captured patient case information
- More efficient pre-hospital communication between EMS and hospital teams
GD’s Responsive Innovative team is here to help customers configure their GD Telehealth Solutions to their individual and team-specific needs. Visit our COVID-19 page to learn more about our initiatives to mitigate this pandemic.. And contact us to let the GD team know how we can help you and your team during the COVID-19 pandemic.
About GD (General Devices)
GD is a 40+ year Med Tech company that specializes in mobile telemedicine and telehealth that, enables simply smarter patient care by empowering hospitals, EMS, mobile integrated healthcare, community paramedicine and public safety responders with the most comprehensive, highly configurable, and affordable medical team communications solutions. Learn more at general-devices.com