Telehealth solutions for EMS, features the secure sharing of pictures, audio, video, data or live streaming for real-time medical consultation. In other words, it enables simply seamless and smarter patient care that benefits both patient and provider.
No matter the scenario, EMS provider and hospitals function better when they have the resources to truly communicate and work together. Quick and clear team communication between EMS and other healthcare providers is critical to improving patient care. Whether for enabling treat-in-place, reducing door-to-treatment times or increasing EMS utilization through faster handoff and reduced wall-time, telehealth communication is key.
The right telehealth solutions
GD’s all-in-one, fully configurable mobile telemedicine solutions help EMS and hospitals to communicate more effectively than ever before. The industry-leading e-Bridge Mobile Telemedicine App enables:
- HIPAA-compliant sharing of pictures, audio, video and live streaming for real-time medical direction
- Telehealth for treat in place, alternate destination and ET3
- Pre-arrival notifications with live ETA tracking to all team members
- Documentation of patient information including transport refusals
- Telehealth video conferencing for medical direction and MIH-CP
- 12-lead sharing from any monitor
- Outcomes feedback and face-sheet sharing
e-Bridge users have experienced:
- Easier, faster communication of case goals to entire team in real time
- Quicker and more efficient patient hand-off & reduced wall-time
- Reduced time-to-treatment at the hospital
- Risk reduction for treat-in-place and AMA refusals
- Improved quality assurance with case data documentation
GD telehealth in action
In Arizona, e-Bridge allowed rural EMS from the Rio Rico Medical and Fire District to communicate with emergency physicians through HIPAA-secure live video. “The ability for them to contact a physician and, via the technology, hear the medical recommendation is a great comfort to me as a supervisor, knowing that my personnel is supported to that extent regardless of their location,” said Deputy Chief Richard Johnson.
For Grayslake-Fire EMS in Lake County, Illinois, e-Bridge is the key to making ET3 possible. When two senior patients called 911 but initially refused transport to the hospital, e-Bridge video connected Grayslake EMS and the patient with an ED physician, which helped convince these patients to come to the hospital for the care they needed.
These are just a few of the many EMS and hospital teams that have benefited from e-Bridge. Learn more about GD’s telehealth solutions and start a conversation to see if e-Bridge could be the communications solution you’re looking for.
About GD (General Devices)
GD is a NJ-based med tech company specializing in mobile telemedicine and telehealth solutions that help EMS and fire first responders, hospitals, and Mobile Integrated Healthcare deliver smarter, expedient patient care. Powered by responsive innovation, GD’s user-friendly solutions facilitate secure, mobile communications and rapid data sharing across acute and non-acute care teams to help save time, money and lives. Backed by a 40+ year history and thousands of implementations, GD is a widely revered industry leader. Visit https://general-devices.com/ to learn more.