With Sepsis, Every Second Counts.
Each year, more than 1.7 million Americans get sepsis, resulting in about 250,000 deaths. Sepsis patients need to be handled in a timely manner. In order to improve patient outcomes, there needs to be a greater emphasis on early recognition and treatment of sepsis in the prehospital setting. The more prepared the ED is for the patient’s arrival, the quicker they can start administering resuscitation, antibiotics, and source control.
Recognize Sepsis Before Arriving At The ED With Mobile Telemedicine
EMS and sepsis teams are equipped with the highly configurable mobile telemedicine solution, GD e-Bridge WorkFLOW. Allowing flexibility to operate protocols your way, the application ensures maximum effectiveness and compliance to your teams and sepsis accreditations. The solution provides an easy to use, state or region-wide mechanism to alert, notify and track all sepsis cases in real-time from prehospital first medical contact through the ED, handoff to sepsis teams. Sepsis teams are better prepared for the inbound patient while lessening the handoff time and increasing data accuracy.
- Process Improvement for sepsis patient intervention
- Automated Case Management
- Timestamped and recorded metrics
- Proactively prepare labs
- Reduce false lab activations
- Online Medical Control
- Feedback and benchmarking
- Smoother patient handoff
- Communication with EMS on outcome data
- Continued education & training based on trend & time studies
- EMS transfer and follow up performed easier
- Consistency in working protocols
METRICS TO TRACK
- Infection Score
- Patient temperature
- Heart rate
- Respiratory rate
- SBP/MAP levels
- Lactate Levels
- Central Venous Pressure
- Central Venous Oxygen Saturation
- Vasopressor Agents
IT ALL STARTS BY TAKING THE FIRST STEP!
LET'S HAVE A CONVERSATION!
Learn how GD e-Bridge can improve sepsis patient outcomes