Smarter, Proactive Acute Care Accelerates,
Streamlines and Enhances Treatment
Seconds equal lives with acute care. As the moments tick away, so do the chances of a full recovery – especially with STEMI, trauma and burn patients.
One of the biggest challenges to the speed of acute care is how responsive it is. A person gets hurt or has a medical issue, 911 is called, EMS is dispatched and treatment is given based on the patient’s condition. Each step of the situation is reactive. What if the tables turned and acute care became more proactive in terms of care? This would quite literally change everything.
We are patient-centric in everything we do, and we adhere to several founding principles that drive our continued innovation:
- Faster and better care leads to improved patient outcomes
- Open, secure and real-time communication reduces medical error
- Mobile access to updated patient, diagnostic, treatment and historical data helps medical teams deliver the right care, at the right time
- Improving care during the golden hour can save lives
Our solutions improve healthcare by:
- Improving the speed, reliability, and availability of pre-hospital and hospital communication and data
- Enabling specialty physicians to direct care while the patient is in the field
- Freeing up medical staff to provide additional care when it is needed
- Enabling medical teams to provide proactive medical care through advanced notice and preparation
- Bridging the gap between pre-hospital and hospital care through mobile telemedicine
- Enabling timely information and communication flow from the field right into the electronic health record
- Streamline care: Review full cases and make workflow improvements to accelerate treatment and improve outcomes.
- Anticipate care: ED staff and specialty physicians can review real-time electronic patient care reports in advance of patient arrival to better prepare treatment.
- Initiate care: Proactively initiate lab activations and other treatment protocols via automated smart triggers, which are activated upon specific actions or data entry.
- Accelerate care: Speed patient handoffs and door-to-needle time by giving ED staff immediate, advanced access to EMS-generated data prior to arrival. Equipment, beds and physicians can be readied in advance.
- Visualize care: EMS can share live video with the hospital to demonstrate how the patient is presenting, which enables the ED to prepare proper treatment.
- Guide care: Live stream doctors and/or specialty physicians right into the ambulance to direct additional care.
- Coordinate care: Live-track and prepare for multiple incoming patients simultaneously with real-time, electronic workflow management.
At GD, we think of patients and care first and foremost in everything we do. This focus is pervasive throughout our company, and it literally drives all GD initiatives – from top to bottom. We believe our mission is simple…to improve lives, and that is what all of us aim to do each and every day by enabling smarter proactive care.