FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
[Charleston, SC – August 8th, 2018] GD is pleased to announce the installation of the GD CAREpoint Workstation in Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center. The South Carolina based hospital has taken the steps to improve patient care and enhance communications with their first responders through the Emergency Room and Hospital departments.
For over a quarter of a century, GD has been dedicated to providing this service with the newest and latest technology to EMS squads, emergency departments and Hospitals nationwide. The goal is to streamline and simplify pre-hospital patient care through intervention. The GD CAREpoint Workstation will allow the first responders to efficiently communicate with the hospital and submit patient data in a timely fashion to expedite patient handoff and reduce time to treatment while maintaining records consistently and accurately without redundancy.
The GD CAREpoint Workstation will give the Medical Center the ability to:
- Consolidate communications and communication devices
- Record and share radio, mobile, landlines, video and other message types
- Capture and manage 12-leads from all monitors along with other patient data obtained in the field
- Provide advanced notifications to remote Cardio, Neuro and Trauma teams
- Allow doctors or nurses to answer an EMS call remotely (including the radios) on a mobile device while not in the Emergency Department
- Generate reports to identify trends in EMS and intra-hospital activity and allocate resources or training appropriately
About Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center
The Ralph H. Johnson VA Medical Center, opened in 1966, consists of one primary, secondary, and tertiary care facility located in Charleston, SC, serving over 67,000 Veterans in 21 counties, encompassing more than 15,000 square miles. Charleston VAMC is a 152 authorized bed tertiary care teaching hospital with 20 operating nursing home care beds and is dedicated to providing the highest quality of patient care and services to Veterans along the South Carolina and Georgia coasts.
About the GD CAREpoint Workstation
GD (General Devices) enables smarter patient care by empowering hospitals, EMS, mobile integrated healthcare, community paramedicine and public safety responders with the most comprehensive, interactive, configurable, affordable and integrated medical team communication and mobile telemedicine solutions. The benefits of which are enhanced workflows, minimized risk, reduced costs and improved patient outcomes. GD’s innovative solutions like CAREpoint Workstation and e-Bridge Mobile Telemedicine touch over 15,000 patient lives daily. Learn more at general-devices.com.