Neurologists treat stroke patients by diagnosing and treating nervous system disorders. As these critical problems can be fatal and/or have lasting negative effects, much of their success comes from their quick and accurate diagnosis. “Time is tissue”. The longer it takes to start treatment, the more brain tissue the patient risks damaging.
Every day, a neurologist reads tests and films such as electroencephalograms, Computed Axial Tomography (CAT) scans and Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) tests. Results of those tests must be analyzed to determine the diagnosis and treatment.
With GD, neurologists have instant and continual access to these test results and all patient, diagnostic and treatment data right from their mobile device. This data (prehospital and hospital communications, vitals, etc.) gives the neurologist all of the intelligence he/she needs to make the quickest and most accurate diagnosis, so treatment can begin as quickly as possible on the brain, spinal cord or peripheral nervous system.
- Diagnose patients' problem(s)
- Maintain detailed reports on each patient, including documenting patient data
- Treat patients suffering from strokes, including performing surgical procedures
- Review test results
- Receive notification of incoming stroke patient while the ambulance is still in route. Also receive immediate access (via mobile device) to the patient's full ePCR, which is continuously updated with data. Neurologists can also see a video of the patient during transit. All of this leads to faster diagnoses.
- Generate reports on stroke patients via mobile device and enter patient data right into the ePCR via mobile phone.
- Gain full access to all data at any time and from anywhere via mobile device. Also, reduce false activations by having access to current patient diagnostic and treatment data.
- Full test reports/results can be viewed from anywhere via mobile device.
- Reduce false lab activations by an average of 20%
- Instantly access stroke assessment data and video of the patient in transit
- Provide online medical direction via live streaming video
- Notify your team on the ETA of incoming acute care patients
- Better anticipate patient arrival with live ETA tracking of EMS vehicles
- Improve the quality of your processes and workflows
- Measure performance and identify operational gaps