Contact: Andy Birnbaum
Myrtle Beach, SC (September 25, 2018) –Grand Strand Medical Center in Myrtle Beach, SC continues to lead the way by bringing together the latest technologies for the patients and community it serves. Managing patient care in the emergency department is complex. Integrating prehospital care and critical services like trauma, cardiology and neurology magnify it.
The South Carolina based hospital has taken the initiative in enhancing patient healthcare with implementing an upgraded CAREpoint Workstation paired with our Remote Control (RC) app. This feature runs on your mobile device to allow radio and voice call handling when and where you need it. Some of the benefits are:
- Positively influencing EMS and patient handoff
- Capturing revenue loss from missed calls
- Reducing door-to-treatment times for Stroke, STEMI, and Trauma
- Providing advanced notifications to remote Cardio, Neuro, and Trauma teams
- Simplifying and unifying reception, distribution, and documentation of prehospital ECGs to the entire team.
- Integrating mobile telemedicine with secure multi-media messaging, tracking, data sharing, and live streaming video
- Improving EMS call handling with consolidated equipment, simultaneous call management, instant recall, and remote control call answering
- Improved CQI, and documentation with digital voice and data logging, custom forms and reporting tools, and instant recall
GD CAREpoint dramatically improves patient care, team communication and workflow, while reducing costs and risk through process improvement. This solution manages all EMS related activities in one powerful workstation and delivers a strong multifaceted Return on Investment.
About GD CAREpoint and e-Bridge
GD enables smarter patient care by empowering hospitals, EMS, MIH/CP and public safety with the most comprehensive, configurable, integrated and affordable medical team communications. This is done with two primary GD solutions, the CAREpoint all-in-one ED Workstation and e-Bridge™ the Mobile Telemedicine and notification app. The benefits of which are enhanced workflows, minimized risk, reduced costs, and improved patient outcomes. Learn more at www.general-devices.com.