Date: June 2018
Contact: Andy Birnbaum
Hermitage, TN (June 7, 2018) – HCA TriStar Summit Medical Center joins the family of more than 800 hospital and EMS communication solutions implemented by GD. Managing patient care in the emergency department is complex. Integrating prehospital care and critical services like trauma, cardiology and neurology magnify it. This is where Responsive Innovation from GD makes a difference. GD’s CAREpoint dramatically improves patient care, team communication, and workflow, while reducing costs and risk through process improvement. This solution manages all EMS related activities in one powerful workstation and delivers a strong multifaceted Return on Investment.
The Tennessee based hospital has taken the initiative in enhancing patient healthcare by implementing a new CAREpoint workstation paired with our Remote Control (RC) app. This feature runs on your mobile device to allow radio and voice call handling when and where you need it. Some of the benefits TriStar Summit Medical Center will realize are;
- Optimizing access to the radios while decreasing distractions
- Positively influencing EMS and patient handoff
- Capturing revenue loss from missed calls
- Generating pre-arrival forms
- Reducing door-to-treatment times for Stroke, STEMI, and Trauma
- Providing advanced notifications to remote Cardio, Neuro, and Trauma teams
- Simplifying and unifying reception, distribution, and documentation of prehospital ECGs to the entire
- Integrating mobile telemedicine with secure multi-media messaging, tracking, data sharing, and live streaming video
- Improving EMS call handling with consolidated equipment, simultaneous call management, instant recall, and remote control call answering
- Improved CQI, and documentation with digital voice and data logging, custom forms and reporting tools, and instant recall
About HCA TriStar Summit Medical Center
Celebrating 20 years of providing quality healthcare to Davidson, Wilson and surrounding counties, TriStar Summit is a 200-bed comprehensive facility offering a full array of acute care services, including cardiology, emergency, oncology, orthopedics/spine, rehabilitation and women’s services. As an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Summit is a leading provider of emergency heart and stroke care. There are more than 300 board-certified physicians representing over 36 specialties on staff, many of whom have offices located on TriStar Summit’s campus.
GD enables smarter patient care by empowering hospitals, EMS, community healthcare, and public safety with the most comprehensive, interactive, configurable, affordable, and integrated FDA listed medical communications and mobile telemedicine solution. The benefits of which are enhanced workflows, minimized risk, reduced costs, and improved patient outcomes.