Date: July, 2018
Contact: Andy Birnbaum
Lewis County, NY (July 17, 2018) – Lewis County General Hospital continues to stay in the GD family of more than 800 hospital and EMS communication solutions. Managing patient care in the emergency department is complex. Integrating prehospital care and critical services like trauma, cardiology and neurology magnify it. This is where your Responsive Innovation from GD makes a difference.
GD’s CAREpoint 2.0 dramatically improves patient care, team communication, and workflow, while reducing costs and risk through process improvement. This solution manages all EMS related activities in one powerful workstation and delivers a strong multifaceted Return on Investment. The New York based hospital has taken the initiative in enhancing patient healthcare by implementing an upgraded CAREpoint workstation paired with Remote Control (RC). Some of the benefits Lewis County General Hospital will realize are;
• Reducing door-to-treatment times for Stroke, STEMI, and Trauma
• Providing advanced notifications to remote Cardio, Neuro, and Trauma teams
• Simplifying and unifying reception, distribution, and documentation of prehospital ECGs to the entire team.
• Integrating mobile telemedicine with secure multi-media messaging, tracking, data sharing, and live streaming video
• Improving EMS call handling with consolidated equipment, simultaneous call management, instant recall, and remote control call answering
• Improved CQI, and documentation with digital voice and data logging, custom forms and reporting tools, and instant recall
Lewis County General Hospital is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital and 160-bed Nursing Home facility that also offers Adult Day Health Care, Hospice and Home Health Care services for residents. The facility also plays a vital role in improving the local community. Not only do we provide critical health care and 24/7 emergency services, our facility continues to contribute vital resources to our communities through jobs, tax revenue, and capital improvements. With over 650 employees, LCGH is also one of the largest employers in the County. LCGH/RHCF spends millions per year on goods and services necessary to maintain our facilities. These dollars are reinvested in the County through employee and hospital spending which directly impacts the local economy.
GD enables smarter patient care by empowering hospitals, EMS, community healthcare, and public safety with the most comprehensive, interactive, configurable, affordable, and integrated FDA listed medical communications and mobile telemedicine solution. The benefits of which are enhanced workflows, minimized risk, reduced costs, and improved patient outcomes.