Date: May, 2018
Contact: Andy Birnbaum
Sterling, IL, (May 10, 2018) – CGH continues to stay in the family of more than 800 hospital and EMS communication solutions implemented by GD. Managing patient care in the emergency department is complex. Integrating prehospital care and critical services like trauma, cardiology and neurology magnifies it. This is where Responsive Innovation from GD makes a difference. GD’s CAREpoint dramatically improves patient care, team communication, and workflow, while reducing costs and risk through process improvement. This solution manages all EMS related activities in one powerful workstation, and delivers a strong multifaceted Return on Investment.
The Illinois based medical center has taken the initiative in enhancing patient healthcare with implementing an upgraded CAREpoint Workstation and instant recall feature into their facility. The CAREpoint v2.0 allows CGH to benefit from the enhanced feature additions and stay connected with our top specialists around the clock. Some of the benefits CGH will realize are;
• Ability to replay calls to make sure all details were recorded and heard.
• Reducing door-to-treatment times for Stroke, STEMI, and Trauma
• Providing advanced notifications to remote Cardio, Neuro, and Trauma teams
• Simplifyig and unifying reception, distribution, and documentation of prehospital ECGs to the entire team.
• Integrating mobile telemedicine with secure multi-media messaging, tracking, data sharing, and live streaming video
• Improving EMS call handling with consolidated equipment, simultaneous call management, instant recall, and remote control call answering
• Improved CQI, and documentation with digital voice and data logging, custom forms and reporting tools, and instant recall
CGH Medical Center is a progressive acute care facility located in the heart of the Sauk Valley, in Northern Illinois. Since opening in 1909, CGH has consistently received high ratings for delivering quality care to our community, positive public awareness, safety, and high patient satisfaction. CGH is committed to the health and wellness of our community, and to providing leadership in the healthcare field. This includes public education and free to low-cost early detection activities.
A major expansion was completed in 2008, which produced a new suite of surgical rooms, a new Obstetrics Department and Birthing Center, a new Critical Care Unit, and a new Digestive Health Center. In the spring of 2015, CGH opened a second Cardiac Cath Lab, and a new state-of-the-art Emergency Department with technologies focused on enhancing the patient experience and better serving our community’s changing healthcare needs. The new ER features 26 private treatment rooms, six easy care areas, two new trauma rooms, secured access, and streamlined registration.
GD enables smarter patient care by empowering hospitals, EMS, community healthcare, and public safety with the most comprehensive, interactive, configurable, affordable, and integrated FDA listed medical communications and mobile telemedicine solution. The benefits of which are enhanced workflows, minimized risk, reduced costs, and improved patient outcomes.