Every EMS Organization will Soon be Using GD
Both the paramedics, EMS organization, and the hospital’s they’re driving to will derive significant benefits from GD’s solutions. In short, EMS can instantly share data with the hospital and alert the ED of their impending arrival. This speeds patient handoff time, leads to faster team and lab activation and reduces medical error. Our mobile telemedicine and all-in-one communication, documentation and notification system create a holistic, interconnected process of accurate and timely information and communication flow from the field right into the electronic health record so it can be shared with the full medical team throughout the hospital and the continuum of care.
The result is faster door-to-needle times, enhanced treatment in the field and better patient outcomes.
In many cases, our hospital clients deploy our solutions and empower EMS organizations to use them at no charge. If the hospitals you support don’t already use our CAREpoint all-in-one EMS and Hospital workstation, and our e-Bridge (feature-rich mobile telemedicine app), then you ought to inquire about it. You and the hospital will benefit tremendously, as will the patients you serve.
GD’s solutions are the most comprehensive in the market, offering:
- Interactive mobile telemedicine
- Call management
- Call/radio recording
- Data sharing
- Patient vitals reporting
- Medical team notification and tracking
- Video streaming
- Online medical control
- Unified 12-lead management
- Remote EMS call answering
- Instant incident recall and replay
- Ambulance geo-mapping
- And so much more.
In fact, with GD, there is no better way for a hospital and an EMS organization to enhance patient outcomes and medical team efficiency while reducing medical error, costs and liability.
Together, GD solutions enable EMS and hospitals to:
- Improve patient outcomes by minimizing door-to-treatment times and by providing/accessing online medical control
- Reduce patient handoff challenges by sharing vitals and treatment information in advance and by automatically alerting the ED of patient arrival time, down to the second (via geo-mapping)
- Minimize risk by automatically time-stamping, archiving and recording all communication and patient information
- Resolve he said/she-said disputes and prove patient treatment refusal by recording all hospital-EMS interactions
- Improve communication by enabling nurses and doctors to answer incoming EMS calls remotely via mobile device
- Virtually place physicians at the trauma scene via live streaming and situational awareness capabilities