Date: May, 2018
Contact: Andrew Birnbaum
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Torrance, Ca (May 3, 2018) — Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center- Torrance joins the family of more than 800 hospital and EMS communication system implementations by GD. Managing patient care in the emergency department is complex. Integrating prehospital care and critical services like trauma, cardiology and neurology magnifies it. This is where your Responsive Innovation from GD makes a difference. GD’s CAREpoint & e-Bridge improves patient care while reducing costs through process improvement by managing all EMS related activities in one powerful workstation, and delivering a strong multifaceted Return on Investment. The California based medical center and local EMS network have taken the initiative in enhancing patient healthcare with implementing a new CAREpoint workstation. Some of the benefits Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center-Torrance will realize are;
• Reducing door-to-treatment times for Stroke, STEMI, and Trauma
• Providing advanced notifications to remote Cardio, Neuro, and Trauma teams
• Simplifying and unifying reception, distribution, and documentation of prehospital ECGs to the entire team.
• Integrating mobile telemedicine with secure multi-media messaging, tracking, data sharing, and live streaming video
• Improving EMS call handling with consolidated equipment, simultaneous call management, instant recall, and remote control call answering
• Improved CQI, and documentation with digital voice and data logging, custom forms and reporting tools, and instant recall
About Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance has a reputation for clinical excellence, use of advanced technology and a distinct focus on the personal nature of caring for our patients.
In addition to excellent general medical, surgical and critical care services, the hospital offers a number of specialty programs and services including advanced robotic surgery with da Vinci for gynecologic, urologic and cardiac procedures; a Heart Center that features advanced cardiac catheterization and angiography equipment and coronary angioplasty and open heart surgery available around the clock; and a and a state of the art obstetrical unit complete with the county’s first single family Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) to enhance parent-child bonding for even the most fragile of infants, and an on-site Perinatal Center providing complete fetal diagnostic testing and genetic counseling.
GD aids in smarter patient care by empowers hospitals, EMS, community healthcare, and public safety with the most comprehensive, interactive, configurable, affordable, and integrated FDA listed medical communications and mobile telemedicine solution. The results are enhanced workflows, minimized risk, reduced costs, and improved patient outcomes.